Our methods and performances
EPEA Switzerland GmbH supports companies in different areas of activities in the development and implementation of Cradle to Cradle ® design concepts.
With an experienced, internationally oriented and interdisciplinary working management team, Cradle to Cradle ® projects are implemented in all industries worldwide. Scientific reviews for all projects are created in close cooperation with EPEA GmbH – Part of Drees & Sommer.
EPEA Switzerland is an accredited general assessor for the Cradle to Cradle CertificationTM.
Cradle to Cradle® Projects are generally complex. For the successful development and implementation we are equipped with extensive / leading and corresponding experience, know-how and references in the following areas:
- Knowledge Trustee: often parts of the project network are hesitating to deliver detailed information – e.g. about their sub suppliers or materials. In these cases EPEA Switzerland acts as a knowledge trustee.
- Accredited general assessor for the Cradle to Cradle CertificationTM
- Search Fields: Development of successful circular business models (e.g. e-Recycling, Building DNA)
- Business Development & Strategic Management (e.g. economic integration of take back systems)
- Project Development, Innovation Management, Change Management (Paradigm Change)
- Network Management for material streams (e.g. networking for closing the loop)
- Process Management, Controlling (Implementation, System-relevant Controlling Concepts)
- Supply Chain Management (Implementation, System-relevant Controlling Concepts)
- Coaching in the segments:
- Know How Enhancement (Capacity Building)
- Definition of alternative solutions (Chemicals, Raw Materials, Participants of closing the loop)
- Marketing and Communication (Support in the development of marketing statements and communication)
- Certification Consulting ( professional support, audit on site of the enterprises)
- Projects on behalf of governments, authorities, organizations
- Concept development and implementation of extensions in developing countries (Dissemination)
- Conference Hostings (C2C Congress, Expert talks), Training and Coaching (Workshops), Lectures and Speeches
EPEA GmbH – Part of Drees & Sommer is an independent institute with an interdisciplinary team of scientists. They focus on material streams of defined materials according to the Cradle to Cradle® Principles for all industry segments.
- Knowledge Trustee: The confidential submitted data from the enterprises remain protected, these information are translated into a communicable Cradle to Cradle® Statement.
- Accredited material assessor for the Cradle to Cradle CertificationTM
- ABC-X Categorization: The ABC-X Categorization assesses on one hand the materials and illustrates on the other side opportunities for optimization. Herewith the ingredients are assessed and categorized. (View Table)
- Material Stream Management
Tabular subdivision of elements into technical and biological nutrients (View Table) :
- Life Cycle Development: Product Conception through positive defined chemicals, which are safe for biological and technical cycles.
- Scientific Assessment of material ingredients within projects or in the certification (accredited assessor by Cradle to Cradle Product Innovation Institute)
- Materials Pooling: Intelligent Materials Pooling is a Business-to-Business-Approach.
The partners agree to share information and a powerful procurement system through a common access to specific, quality high-tech materials and to create a “healthy” system of closed material flows. As the partners share knowledge and resources, they develop a shared commitment to use the safest and highest quality materials in their products. They make value-based relationships that are designed to remove the negative aspects of “waste” from product and production cycles.
The Institute’s goal is to support and accelerate the transformation of the products and the industry along the way. The Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute is a “non-profit U.S. organization” for the global certification of all Cradle to Cradle® products.
The C2CPII aims to do the following tasks:
- Certification audit
- Certificate award
- Training, auditing partners
- Development of certification standards
- Public database of preferred chemicals
- Internationalization of certification